http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/090602_Soup_022_600MAIN.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-23 19:22:462016-12-16 21:44:17Tortellini and Turkey Meatball Soup
Tortellini and Turkey Meatball Soup
- 1/2 pound of ground turkey meat
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 9-ounce packet of cheese tortellini
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 2/3 cup chopped basil
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1/2 of a lemon, zest and juice
- Salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey meat, breadcrumbs, and beaten egg. Fold until combined and roll out eleven 1-inch meatballs. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the onion, carrots, and garlic and sauté until slightly tender, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the Italian seasoning, chicken stock, and water. Bring to a boil, then reduced to a simmer and add the turkey meatballs. Cook the meatballs for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove one meatball and cut in half to check for doneness.
- Once the meatballs are completely cooked, add the tortellini and simmer until cooked, about 6-7 minutes.
- Add the kale, basil, red pepper, lemon juice, and zest. Remove from heat and presto!