http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/procuittopuff_600Main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-23 13:36:122016-12-20 18:32:51Tapenade and Prosciutto Puffs
Tapenade and Prosciutto Puffs
- 1 15-ounce can pitted black olives
- 1–2 anchovy fillets
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme (or 1 tablespoon dried thyme)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1/4 pound prosciutto
- 1 package puff sheets, thawed
- 1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water, for an egg wash
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- In a food processor, add the black olives, anchovy, garlic, and thyme. Process until finely chopped. While the processor is running, drizzle in olive oil until it is a nice creamy texture. The tapenade will still be slightly chunky in texture. Season with salt and pepper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out puff pastry sheets until they are about 1/8 inch thick. Cut each rolled out puff pastry sheet using a round cookie cutter.
- Place a small piece of prosciutto topped with a teaspoon of tapenade. Brush the edges of the circle with egg wash layer another round on top and press the puff pastry edges to seam. Brush egg wash over each turnover.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, until puffed and golden brown.
- Let cool on a rack for 10 minutes and serve warm or at room temperature.