http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Citrus_Shrimp2_600main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-19 17:15:142016-12-20 19:52:54Shrimp Ceviche
- 5 cups water
- 2 pounds shrimp, peeled with tails removed
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, plus 4 tablespoons (for garnish)
- 1/2 cup diced watermelon
- 1/2 cucumber, seeds removed and diced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- In a large pot, bring 5 cups of water to a boil. Add shrimp to boiling water and turn off heat. Let sit 3 minutes. Drain the water from the shrimp and rinse in cold water.
- Coarsely chop the shrimp and place them in a large bowl. Add the orange juice, ½-cup lime juice, olive oil, and garlic. Mix well. Place 1 cup of cilantro leaves on top of the mixture, cover, and let sit overnight.
- When ready to serve, drain the shrimp and remove the cilantro leaves, reserving ¼ cup of the liquid. Add the watermelon, cucumber, red onion, lemon juice, the remaining lime juice, reserved liquid, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Coarsely chop the remaining cilantro and toss into salad.