http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/ep-13-cook-copy_600main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-23 14:19:222016-12-20 18:26:55Lentil Salad Tapenade
Lentil Salad Tapenade
- 1 cup dry lentils
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 scallions
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- Variety of pita and flatbread
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup hazelnut oil
- Salt & pepper
- Bring lentils and about 3 cups of water to a boil. Lower to a simmer and cook until lentils are done, about 12-15 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- While lentils are cooking, chop carrots, celery, and pepper into ½ inch pieces. Add to the lentils. Thinly slice the scallions and add to mix. Crumble goat cheese into mixture.
- Whisk vinegar and mustard together. Slowly add the oil until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon over lentil mixture and gently toss.