http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/pistachi0cookie002-copy_600main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-20 19:38:522016-12-20 18:54:14Pistachio Icebox Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups shelled and chopped coarsely pistachios
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Stir into butter mixture and mix in the pistachios.
- Cover and chill for one hour or until dough is firm enough to roll into 1 1/2 - 2 inch logs. Wrap the logs in waxed paper and freeze for 2 hours or overnight.
- To bake, preheat oven to 400º F and grease a cookie sheet. Unwrap dough and cut into 1/4 inch slices. Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake 8-10 minutes, until golden brown. Cool slightly on cookie sheets and transfer to racks.