http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png 0 0 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-19 18:16:422016-12-20 19:51:21White Bean Lamb Stew
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 1 medium white onion, peeled
- 3 stalks celery, ends trimmed
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 pound thick sliced bacon, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1/2 - 3 pounds lamb stew meat
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 bunch mustard greens (about 4 cups), coarsely chopped
- 4 13-ounce cans cannelloni beans
- Puree the carrot, onion, celery, and garlic in the bowl of a food processor and set aside.
- In a medium stockpot over medium-high heat, lightly brown the bacon in the butter. Season the lamb meat with salt and add to the bacon. Cook until the lamb is browned on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, beef broth, and pureed vegetable mixture, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 1 ½ hours.
- After simmering, add the mustard greens and beans. Return to a boil, reduce the heat, and continue cooking 30 minutes more. Add salt and pepper to taste.