http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Spring-Apricot-Almond-Cake_600-Main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-20 18:16:462016-12-20 18:56:04Spring Apricot Almond Cake
- 1 10 -ounce package angel food cake
- 1 package (4-serving size) Jell-o
- Vanilla flavor instant pudding & pie fillin
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 2 cups thawed cool whip whipped topping
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves, room temperature
- 1 can of apricots, drained
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 10 small fresh strawberries
- Prepare the angle food cake according to the package instructions. Once it is baked and cooled, slice it into three even layers.
- Mix dry pudding mix and milk in medium bowl, let stand 5 minutes, until thickened. Fold in one cup of cool whip topping.
- Place bottom layer of the cake, cut-side up, on serving plate and spread on some apricot jelly, followed by a layer of your pudding mixture, using about half. Then sprinkle on some apricots.
- Place the second layer of the cake on the first and repeat step four, but save some apricots to decorate the top.
- Place the remaining layer of cake and top with a dollop of whipped topping and a couple apricots. Sprinkle with almonds. Any leftover dessert should be stored in the refrigerator.