http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/411-cool-cauliflower-steak_600main-1.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-19 20:34:172016-12-20 19:48:55Cauliflower Steaks and Puree
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 2 medium cauliflowers
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup milk
- 5 sprigs rosemary
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400º F. Cut off the upper ½ inch of the garlic bulb, drizzle with oil, and wrap in aluminum foil. Place in the oven and roast for 40 minutes, or until garlic is soft.
- Meanwhile, in a medium size pot, combine the chicken stock, milk, and rosemary, and bring to a simmer.
- Cut two 1-inch cross-sections from each cauliflower, including the stem in each piece, this should give you two cauliflower steaks in total. Chop the remaining cauliflower florets and add them to the chicken stock and milk mixture, cook until tender.
- For the cauliflower steaks, heat oil in a large skillet along with 2-3 springs of rosemary. Brush each steak with oil and season with salt and pepper. When the oil is hot, add the cauliflower steaks and cook until golden brown, flipping as necessary.
- Remove the boiled florets and reserve ½ of the cooking liquid. In a food processor, blend the florets with 2 tablespoons of the roasted garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Serve cauliflower steaks over mashed puree.