Simple Ham Recipe
‘Tis the season for a delicious baked ham! Season it right with flavorful garlic and rosemary. One of the reasons I love this recipe is that the pretty green rosemary both flavors the ham and makes for a lovely simple presentation. Slice it up for a wonderful Easter meal!
What you’ll need…
10-12 pounds cooked ham with bone
8 garlic cloves, peeled and cut into thin strips
8 rosemary sprigs
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
2 cups apple juice or other liquid
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Peel the skin from the ham and trim the fat, leaving a 1/4- inch layer.
3. Using the tip of a sharp knife, score the fat in a diamond pattern.
4. Insert the sliced garlic and rosemary sprigs into the scores on the ham.
5. Mix the sugar and mustard together and brush on the ham.
6. Place in a shallow roasting pan, add the liquid to the pan, and bake for 1.5 hours or util the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees-150 degrees F.
7. Remove from pan, place ham on a platter, and serve.
Need ideas for a sweet finish? Try one of these fun spring desserts!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!