I’m on a huge tomato kick right now, which seems to happen just about every summer when they are in season and oh-so flavorful. When I get to spend time in the Hamptons, I go crazy with all the farms, farm stands and farmer’s markets that surround this beautiful place. The bounty of tomatoes is inspiring. I just can’t get enough!
I pulled this recipe from Katie Brown Weekends to mix up my raw tomato-eating habits. A little herbs and bread crumbs complement the sweet and juicy flavor of the beefsteak tomato. Try this quick side dish recipe during one of your last great summer dinners…
Simple Baked Tomatoes
What you’ll need…
4 ripe beefsteak tomatoes
1 cup breadcrumbs
6 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Slice tomatoes in half. Place each half, cut side up, on a cookie sheet.
3. In a small bowl, mix breadcrumbs, olive oil, and fresh herbs.
4. Season tomatoes with salt and pepper. Place breadcrumb mix on top of tomatoes.
5. Bake until tomatoes are heated through and breadcrumb mixture is toasted.