It’s two days away, the Sunday football event of the year. And, as much as we have planned for this day there is always a last minute need for something quick. Yes, the focus will be the t.v. screen, but some football decor will make the event a little more festive, and it’s so simple.
Bring on the lemons! It’s genius since they are naturally football shaped, easy to find, and inexpensive. Your guests might even be tempted to grab a lemon or two for those halftime passes in the backyard.
A little side note: feel free to use those not so pretty lemons, the ones you wouldn’t want to serve to anyone, but would be perfect with a little brown disguise.
What you’ll need…
- Glass vase
- Brown spray paint (1 can)
- White electrical tape or white paint
- 12-18 inch dowel
- Team pennant
- 20 lemons (give or a take a few)
- Hot glue
- Drop cloth or newspaper
- Paint the lemons brown and allow to dry
- For the stripes and laces, cut thin strips of electrical tape and apply to lemons (you can also use white paint with a steady hand)
- Glue pennant to a dowel
- Place lemons in the glass vase or fish bowl and gently insert pennant
If you want to add some more sentiment paint “Super Bowl 46” or “Giants v Patriots” on the lemons.