We could not have a Spring Fling with our home organization without tackling the things that just never seem to have the right home. The items in your cabinets or in your drawers that always seem to just be out of place or in the way. You know them, they are the products that can make even the most organized of shelves seem disheveled. And one of the biggest offenders…the cookie cutter.
Yes we love the way they can dress up any simple recipe…
But, where to store them?
This spring we have the answer, the paper towel rack. Simply slide them onto the pole, secure them by placing on the topper and then put them on the shelf with all your other baking gear.
While you pile them on if you have the urge to put them to use please try the following sugar cookie recipe that is one of our favorites.
Betty White’s Sugar Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups sifted flour
- Powdered sugar
- Melted butter
- Warm milk
- Cookie cutters
- Parchment paper
For the cookies…
- Cream butter and gradually add in sugar and eggs. Stir in flour and mix well.
- Chill dough for at least 1 hour or until it is really cold. Tip: bring out the dough only a little at a time as it will soften and get too sticky.
- Roll out the dough into 1/4″ thick sheets.
- Cut with cookie cutters and lay on a greased or parchment paper lined pan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Watch them carefully!
For the icing…
- Mix together powdered sugar, melted butter, warm milk, and vanilla. It is better if the icing is a little thinner. It should be easily spreadable, but not runny. Tip: a little liquid goes a long way so add in small portions at a time.
- Gently frost your cookies and set out so the icing can thicken slightly.
What are your favorite ways to decorate your sugar cookies?