It’s a familiar scene. You’ve finally given in to the fact that the bathroom must be cleaned…and it needs to be done yesterday. You find the rubber gloves and bucket, but darn it! Where is the toilet scrubber??
How much easier would chores be if supplies were organized and readily available for you to get down and dirty? Well in the spirit of creating new good habits, I’m going to show you how a little prep and some fun crafting will allow you to unleash your cleaning powers…
What you’ll need…
- Scallop shear
- Hole punch
- Wire cutters
- Clip art images or drawings of each room
- Step flashing (metal squares)
- Adhesive laminating sheets
- Mini clipboards
1. Cut you image to approximately 4 inches wide, leaving a bit of space around the borders.
2. Using the scallop shears, cut your step flashing to 5-by-5 inch squares.
3. Cut a piece of your laminating material about 1/4 inch wider on each side than your clip art printout. Peel off the backing of the laminate sheet and adhere the art to the center of a metal square.
4. Using your punch, punch a hole at the top center of the square, about 1/4 inch down from the top edge. Thread your wire through and attach to the handle of your bucket.
Clipboard Labels and Charts
5. Using laminating sheets, adhere copies of the same images to the back of your mini clipboard. Store the clipboards in the buckets.
6. Create a cleaning log chart that will tell you when the rooms were last cleaned and by whom.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!