There are times in any relationship when there just simply isn’t enough time. Valentine’s Day can be a tricky thing to fit in if you and your special someone both have busy schedules. But that doesn’t mean you have to miss out on all the romance!
Breakfast-in-bed is a fun and thoughtful way to show how much you appreciate your loved one. Serve these tasty Turkey Bacon Wrapped Frittata on February 14 and you’re sure to score big points in the romance department!
Turkey Bacon Wrapped Frittata
What you’ll need…
12 3-inch ramekins
36 pieces turkey bacon
4 tablespoons olive oil or butter
4 shallots, chopped fine
2 small bags baby arugula (or spinach)
2 cups grated Gruyere cheese
Salt and black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare ramekins by brushing insides with olive oil or spraying with nonstick spray. Wrap 2 pieces of bacon around inside of each ramekin, closing all gaps around the sides. Cut the remaining 12 pieces of bacon in half. Place 2 of these pieces in the bottom of each ramekin, covering all gaps.
3. Heat a large saute pan on high, add olive oil or butter, add shallots, and reduce heat to medium. Gently cook shallots until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add arugula to pan and cook until wilted. Remove arugula from pan and allow to cool. Squeeze out any excess water with you hands.
4. Combine eggs, Gruyere, and arugula. Season with salt and pepper. (Remember that the cheese will add some salt of its own.) Fill each ramekin three-quarters full and bake until eggs are set and tops are golden and puffed, about 20 minutes.
5. Remove bacon and eggs from ramekins while hot, using towels to prevent burning yourself. Serve immediately, as eggs will lose volume as they sit.