We here at the workshop love a good “Pot Luck” but it is always a challenge to find a dish that is good for travel. This one fits the bill. It is interesting, simple and can hit the road.
Shrimp and Cheese Casserole
6 slices whole wheat bread
1 pound cooked shrimp
½ pound cheddar cheese
¼ cup butter, melted
½ teaspoon dry mustard
3 eggs, beaten
1 pint milk
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Break bread into quarter inch pieces. Cut cheese into bite size pieces.
- Arrange bread, shrimp and cheese in several layers in a 3 quart baking dish.
- Pour melted butter over shrimp mixture.
- Beat eggs. Add mustard, salt, pepper and milk. Mix together and pour over shrimp layers. Cover and let stand for a minimum of 3 hours or overnight.
- Bake for 1 hour, covered.