A friend of mine recently asked me for a yummy appetizer recipe to serve at an upcoming dinner party she’s hosting. Immediately, my mind jumped to this delicious idea: prosciutto and asparagus melts. I have served these at many-a-party and they are always the first platter I have to restock. The tastes of the ingredients complement each other so well- the only dressing you need is a little drizzle of olive oil. It’s a no-brainer recipe to share!
What you’ll need…
Pinch of salt
20 asparagus tips
20 slices skinny baguette
Olive oil for brushing
20 bite-size slices of mozzarella
10 slices prosciutto, cut in half
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Blanch asparagus tips in boiling water for 20 seconds, then drain under cold water or put in ice bath.
3. Brush bread slices with olive oil.
4. Stack asparagus tips on cheese slices, wrap in prosciutto, and place on top of bread slices.
5. Brush tops with olive oil and bake until bread is toasted and cheese is melted, about 7 minutes.
Do you have a go-to recipe that you pass around to your friends? I want in on the ideas! Tell me here, please.