http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Brisket_Onion_Tomatoes_600main3.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-13 20:12:242016-12-20 20:01:02Beef Brisket
- 1 large beef brisket, trimmed
- 1 large leek, cut in half, sliced
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons thyme
- Preheat outdoor grill on high.
- Mix all dry ingredients together and rub over entire brisket with hands.
Wrap brisket in plastic and refrigerate over night.
- Place a large roasting pan directly on the bottom rack of an outdoor grill. Remove the Brisket from plastic. When the pan is hot, add olive oil. When pan is smoking hot, add the beef and sear on both sides for 5 minutes, to achieve a nice golden crust.
- Remove brisket and set aside. Add onions, leeks, bay leaf, and garlic to the roasting pan and cook until translucent. Add crushed tomato, balsamic vinegar, and chicken stock. Place brisket on top of onions and cover pan tightly with aluminum foil. Reduce heat to low and close lid of the grill. Cook for 2 ½ hours turning brisket over halfway through the cooking process.