I love all things cornbread. Rarely have I ever had one that I has not been delightful. This recipe however is one that even thrills this cornbread lover. It is the perfect way to dress up a homemade or a box cornbread recipe.
4 boxes of Jiffy Corn Bread Mix
4 cups fresh cranberries
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons of flour
1/4 cup water
1.Place berries, sugar and lemon zest in a sauce pan and cover with water .
2.Boil on low heat until berries begin to burst and remove from heat.
3. Mix the flour and water together.
4. Add the maple syrup and flour/water mixture to the cranberries. Stir quickly.
5. Put 3/4 of the mixture in a food processor and pulse till almost smooth.
6. Stir the pulsed cranberry mix back in with th reserve cranberry mix.
7. Prepare the corn bread mixture according to instructions and swirl in the cranberry/maple syrup mixture with a knife.
8. Place the muffin mix in a greased muffin tin and bake according to the instructions on the box.
Remember Life is Better Homemade.