5 Ways to Incorporate the Trend of Rustic Charm into your Bathroom
Room of the Day
What makes it Good:
This small bathroom is made bigger and more earthy by the horizontal planks lining this wall. This is a relatively easy thing to do a bathroom and a great way open a bathroom up and give it grounding at the same time.
What I love Most:
The mixture of textures in this room make me so happy. I love the clean white tiles, the chicken wire basket, the brass light fixtures, the grey wood sink and the darker wooden up cycled vanity mirror. This is quite a mix and I find the result thrilling. It reminds me to never be shy when tossing things all together in a room.
5 Ideas to Copy:
1. Instead of sheet rocking or tiling a bathroom, line the walls with wooden planks. Do not forget to instal them horizontally. This will give it a barn like feel.
2. We often only think of stainless steel when doing a bathroom. We say be bold and go BRASS. It gives rooms a vintage look.
3. Instead of using a clean cabinet in a bathroom install shelves instead to achieve a down home look.
4. When trying to get the rustic look always incorporate an obvious up cycle like they did here with the vanity mirror.
5. To keep it simple like most rustic rooms are do not use traditional hardware to hang towels or TP. Instead use well placed baskets
Steal the Look: