One of the most important steps I take for organizing my life is maintaining my every-changing calendar. With all the schedules I have to keep straight, it’s become a calming routine for me to check and edit my calendar every morning. Knowing what’s ahead for the day, week and month makes it all more manageable.
I like to have an attractive wall calendar to keep myself on track with a little style. With all the pinned notes, reminders, business cards and postcards, my framed Corkboard Calendar is like wall art for my office! Get organized early in the school year with this simple project.
Corkboard Calendar Project
What you’ll need…
Seven assorted frames
Vinyl adhesive letters
Ball point pen
Hot glue gun
1. Trace the inside of the frame on a piece of the corkboard using a ballpoint pen. Using your craft scissors, and ruler cut out the tracing.
2. Cut two to three sheets of cardboard to the same measurement as the corkboard, (depending on the thickness needed for the frame).
3. Stack the corkboard and the cardboard and fit it into the frame. Use hot glue around the edges of the inside of the frame to hold it in place if necessary.
4. Place the beginning initial of a weekday in the upper center of the corkboard and add old hooks and clips to the corkboard and frame.
5. Repeat for each day of the week.