Our top ten reasons why you should get busy making a great big kettle of soup today.
1. The perfect time of year. When the cold air is still blowing outside your door, it’s time to warm things up inside.
2. A tasty way to enjoy stale bread. Dunk crusty bread into a big bowl of soup and taste the texture and flavor come back to life.
3. Spoil those you love. You know the saying, ‘the best way to someone’s heart is through their stomach’ … and there’s no better way to someone’s heart than with comfort food like a good bowl of homemade soup.
4. The health issue. It’s always a good time for healthy beginnings and resolutions for the way we cook and eat. Soup’s a great way to include healthy choices in creative and delicious way for your family.
5. The good stuff smells good! When you’re putting your house on the market it’s recommended you cook something delicious to make your house smell yummy. Why wait until then? Create some homemade soup today and enjoy the savory aroma yourself.
6. It’s long lasting. We make a batch of soup that sometimes last a week. So whether you’re single or cooking for a family, it’s an easy staple to have on hand.
7. Good use of leftovers. Whether it’s a roast or chicken from the night before, or the veggies about to go south in your produce bin, try tossing them in your soup creation where they’ll taste as good as new.
8. Improve your cooking skills. We tell people if they want to learn how to cook start with eggs and move up to soup. Soups are forgiving, and a great way to learn how to use seasonings and techniques such as sautéing, browning and sweating.
9. Try new cuisines. If you have an unadventurous culinary clan like some people’s I know soups are a good way to slowly introduce new flavors into your family’s palate.
10. It’s an easy and fun meal to create, serve and eat.