One of my favorite treats to find in my Easter basket is those deliciously rich peanut butter eggs. Oh my goodness- nothing like a choco-treat before 10am! When I found this super simple homemade recipe for Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs (via Sugar and Charm), I knew I had to share it with you. Besides the yummy taste, the great thing about this recipe is…no oven required!
What you’ll need…
1 cup sifted powdered sugar
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
3 tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 bag dipping chocolate
1. Mix powdered sugar, peanut butter, butter and vanilla. Roll out mixture to about 1/2-inch thick. Use a circular or egg-shaped cookie cutter to cut out the peanut butter shapes.
2. Place the cutouts onto parchment paper and put in freezer for 20 minutes.
3. Melt chocolate in a double-broiler and then hand dip the peanut butter eggs.
4. Place dipped eggs on parchment paper and put in freezer to harden.
5. Melt candy melts to stick sprinkles on top of hardened chocolate.