Ham and Cheese Pocket Recipe
A recipe quickly becomes a favorite when it fires on all cylinders: quick, simple and tasty. The Ham and Cheese Pocket is just such a recipe. It takes under 10 minutes to prepare (15-20 minutes in the oven), there are 4 ingredients, and it’s the first empty plate at any party (especially when kids are involved).
Take the classic comfort food, the ham and cheese, and reinvent it with a store-bought twist: the pre-made biscuit!
Ham and Cheese Pockets
What you’ll need…
1 package of refrigerated dinner rolls
¾ cup diced ham, sauteed with olive oil
1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 egg plus 1 Tablespoon water, beaten
Flour, for work surface
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Remove the dinner rolls from the package and separate each one. On a lightly floured surface, using the palm of your hand, flatten the dinner roll into a round disc, about 3”-4” wide.
3. Divide the cheese and ham among each dinner roll, mounding it in the center of the disc. Then, to close your dinner roll into a tasty pouch, gather the edges of the disc up around the mound of ham and cheese and pinch closed, covering all of the ham and cheese. Repeat with the remaining rolls
4. Place each roll, seal side down, on your baking sheet and brush with your egg wash.
5. Bake the rolls for 15-20 minutes until the tops are golden brown.
be great for a Superbowl party, too