http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png 0 0 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-08-13 08:00:022012-08-13 08:00:02Food Covers
Labor day is right around the corner and if your throwing an outside party , there will be food outside. But what about bugs? We have a solution, create a food cover and say goodbye to those crawly creatures. It’s super simple to create and is a true miracle worker. Follow these few directions and make your party a hassle free and successful one! Get started and keep your food bug free.
Wooden beads (2 colors)
1. Determine the bowl you would like to cover and measure its diameter.
2. Add 8 inches to your bowl’s diameter and cut burlap into a square. For example, if your bowl’s diameter is 12 inches, cut a 20 inch square.
3. Fray the edges of the burlap about 1 ½ inches up from the edges. Repeat on all four sides.
4. Spaced out every inch, thread approximately 5 strands of the burlap through your bead.
5. Knot these strands to secure the bead.
6. Repeat on all four sides.
Hints & Clues
Rule of thumb: If you’re having trouble threading your beads, try using beads with larger holes or use tape to create a point for threading.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!