I don’t know about you, but the dreary overcast skies are really putting a damper on the colors around here. And, it’s times like these that I need a quick way to add just enough green to liven things up, put some pep in my step. When you can’t rely on a sunny day to make the barely-there greenery look green, you need to find your own ray of color. And, that’s just what I did.
Explore different paper options to find the perfect fit with your decor. Don’t be afraid to go bright!
What you’ll need:
- Chinese newspaper or wrapping paper
- 3 boxes, various sizes
- packing peanuts or newspaper
Get Some Green:
- Create a border around the top edge of the boxes with larger type from the newspapers’ headlines.
- Coat the paper with a high-gloss polyurethane.
- Fill the box approximately one inch from the top with either newspaper or packing peanuts and cover the surface with green moss.
Not only is this simple to make, it’s mobile, unlike traditional, outdoor boxed gardens. Transfer them from room to room as you see fit and the whole family can enjoy a splash of color against the gray backdrop of winter!