So you’ve brainstormed your menu and picked out a perfect playlist. Next step…tabletop décor!
I think it’s pretty obvious that I’m a huge fan of fresh flowers. Fresh blooms and buds can breathe life into any room and are a perfect complement to a yummy and festive meal.
For your upcoming Thanksgiving fete, try out this quick, easy and simply stunning Glitter Ball Centerpiece. With a few buds, some garland and styrofoam balls, your guests will be dazzled.
Before the hustle and bustle of cooking and baking begins, take a minute, have some fun and let your crafty side shine!
What you’ll need…
- Several Styrofoam balls in various sizes
- Several feet of garland*
- Greening pins
- Flowers- at least 3 different kinds
- Water picks
*The amount of garland needed to cover balls depends on the thickness of the garland.
- 1. Wrap the garland around the Styrofoam balls and secure with greening pins. Leave one section of the Styrofoam ball uncovered to serve as your base.
- 2. Cut the stems off your flowers. To maintain the freshness of larger blooms, fill water picks with water and stick the cut stems into the rubber tops.
- 3. Fill in holes between the garland where Styrofoam is showing with your flowers. Hint: For larger flowers use a pen to make holes, then push in the water pick. Make sure you mix and match flower colors and sizes.
- 4. Repeat with the various size Styrofoam balls for a beautiful and fresh centerpiece!