Chili and football go together hand-in-hand. What better way to enjoy a game than a bowl of the hearty warm good stuff, sprinkled with a little cheese and a dollop of sour cream? In less than 20 minutes, you can throw together a batch of my Speedster Chili using canned black beans, chopped tomatoes, ground beef and a few mix-ins for flavor.
What you’ll need…
1 15-ounce can black beans
1 chipotle pepper in Adobo sauce, plus 1 teaspoon Adobo sauce
1/4 cup olive oil
1 red onion, chopped
1 tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 pound lean ground beef
1 28-ounce can chopped tomatoes
1 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup sour cream
Salt and pepper
1. In a food processor, puree the beans with the chipotle pepper and set aside.
2. Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Heat until simmering. Add the onions and saute until translucent.
3. Add the ground beef, cumin, cayenne, and teaspoon of Adobo sauce. Cook until beef is browned. Season with salt.
4. Add the tomatoes and cook for five minutes, then add the bean puree, season with salt and cook for 15 minutes. Stir in 2/3 cup of cilantro and transfer to four bowls.
5. Divide the cheese among the bowls, top with a tablespoon of sour cream. Garnish with remaining cilantro.
And, you can watch me prepare this live by clicking here!