If you’re like me, you pressed snooze around 4AM this past Black Friday and skipped those early bird sales. But it’s OK! The holidays are the perfect time to flex your baking and crafting muscles, and homemade food gifts are a simple way to share the holiday spirit– on a budget.
Homemade chocolate truffles may sound like an impossible splurge, but you can do it with just 4 ingredients! This easy recipe for Katie’s Truffles will have your friends’ and family’s mouths watering before they even take a bite.
1/4 cup heavy cream
6 ounces semisweet chocolate
4 tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup baking cocoa
1. Boil cream on low heat for about 3 minutes or until reduced to about 2 tablespoons.
2. Add chopped chocolate, return to low heat, and stir until chocolate is completely melted.
3. Whisk in the butter and vanilla extract until smooth.
4. Pour into a Pyrex loaf pan and refrigerate until hard (at least one hour).
5. Remove pan from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
6. Scoop out chocolate with a teaspoon and roll it into 1/2-inch balls.
How you present your yummy baked goods is just as important as how delicious the sweets are. Get inspired to experiment with various treats and packaging ideas…See what you can do with with common household supplies and some festive decor. Watch this clip from the The Today Show for more tips and creative holiday gifting ideas.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!