- Copper flashing
- Copper wire
• Put stake in before you put your plant into the ground.
• Put cages on when tomatoes are young to train your tomato plant to grow inside the cage.
• For extra stability, tie main stem onto stake, leaving a little wiggle room, so as the plant grows it doesn’t put stress on the tomato plant.
• Yellow flowers on your tomato plant mean you’re about to have a fruit any minute! Don’t be scared of it!
• Determinant tomatoes mean that all tomatoes will ripen at the same time. This is great for canners, because all your tomatoes will be ready for canning at the same time.
• Indeterminate tomatoes will fruit and produce tomatoes at different times, so you can enjoy them over a longer period of time.
• Tomato plants require about an inch of water per week.
Cut several simple leaves out of copper flashing.
Attach to your tomato cage using copper wire.
This not only looks great, but keeps the slugs away!