Here is one of our most popular recipes at the Katie Brown Workshop. Not only does it taste great but it makes your whole house smell fall fantastic! After you take a look-see at the recipe have a glance at some creative ways we have gathered to serve your Thanksgiving beverage.
- 7 cups apple cider
- 5 cups cranberry juice
- 2 oranges, zested and juiced
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 inch peeled ginger root, sliced
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups brandy
- 1/2 cup triple sec, or other orange-flavored liqueur
- Combine all of the ingredients except the brandy and the Triple Sec in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil and then lower the heat to a simmer for 20 minutes.
- Lower the heat to low to just keep the cider warm. Add the brandy and the Triple Sec and strain into mugs.