From Katie Brown’s Weekends and Katie Brown’s Outdoor Entertaining:
Mulled Cranberry Apple Cider
7 cups apple cider
5 cups cranberry juice
2 oranges, zested and juiced
1 bay leaf
3 cinnamon sticks
4 whole cloves1 lemon, sliced
1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
1 inch peeled ginger root, sliced
Pinch of salt
1 ½ cups brandy
½ cup Triple Sec, or other orange-flavored liqueur
1. Combine all of the ingredients except the brandy and the Triple Sec in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil and then lower the heat to a simmer for 20 minutes.
2. Lower the heat to low to just keep the cider warm. Add the brandy and the Triple Sec and strain into mugs.
Toffee and Peppermint Hot Chocolate
4 cups milk
½ cup water
½ cup sugar
8 oz bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 bar toffee candy and peppermint candies, crushed
1. In a saucepan, combine milk, water, and sugar. Stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat.
2. Stir in chocolate. Whisk until chocolate is melted and mixture is frothy. Pour into thermos.
3. To serve, pour hot chocolate into cup and top with crushed candy.
Butterscotch Hot Chocolate
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 ½ cup butterscotch morsels
1. In a medium saucepan, heat the milk.
2. When milk is hot, whisk in the cocoa powder and the butterscotch morsels.
3. Serve to warm and happy faces.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!