http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Herbed_Pasta_Salad2-copy_600main.jpg 400 600 William Corbin http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png William Corbin2012-09-20 20:02:172017-01-25 17:06:04Herbed Pasta Salad
- For Herbed Pasta Salad: 1 pound cooked penne pasta
- 2 zucchinis
- 3 squash
- ¾ cup cubed, thick sliced, smoked bacon, cooked until crispy
- ¾ cup coarsely chopped kalamata olives
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- For Garlic Aioli Cream: 1 head garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- For the Garlic Aioli Cream: Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice the top off the head of garlic, exposing the cloves. Pour the olive oil over the exposed garlic cloves and wrap tightly in aluminum foil. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, until garlic is soft. Cool.
- In a medium saucepan combine the cream and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and reduce the mixture until about 1 ¼ cup remains, about 10 minutes. Squeeze the garlic cloves into a medium sized bowl and mix with the mayonnaise. Whisk in the cream mixture until smooth.
- Pour 1 cup of the Garlic Aioli Cream over the cooked pasta. Set aside.
- For the Pasta: Preheat grill to 350-400 degress. Slice squash and zucchini lengthwise in ½ - inch slices and drizzle with olive oil. Grill 3 to 4 minutes per side, turning once. Slightly cool and cut into chunks.
- In a medium bowl, mix the squash, zucchini, lemon juice, bacon, olives, and tomatoes. Add to the pasta and gently toss. Season with salt, pepper, and garnish with the parsley. Serve the remaining cream on the side.