3 recipes to DIY in ice cube trays
An ice cube tray is good for so much more than just plain ice cubes! It’s the perfect way to portion up and freeze a multitude of liquids for all kinds of crafty creations. Getting clever with ice cubes is oh-so-cool! And you will be the coolest this summer with this ice cube tray DIY recipe.
- 1. Fill each cube of an ice tray with Aloe Vera gel.
- 2. Cover tray and place in freeze.
- 3. Pop a single Aloe cube out of tray and rub over sunburn.
2. PAINTING ICE CUBES
Water color paint in tubes
Ice cube tray
Craft sticks or tooth picks
1. Squeeze a small amount of watercolor paint into each cube of an ice cube tray.
2. Fill each cube of tray with water leaving enough room to mix the paint and prevent it from overflowing.
3. Use a small craft stick or tooth pick for mixing each color.
4. Carefully place a piece of aluminum foil over entire ice tray making sure it is pulled taut. Press the foil over tray to reveal the grid of the tray.
5. Carefully poke a small craft stick or tooth pick through the foil in the center of each cube to create a “handle” for the paint cube.
6. Gently place in freezer.
Related on Yahoo Makers: Coffee Cubes
3. FROZEN YOGURT SNACK
Blueberries and/or Raspberries
Ice cube tray with lid
1. Place a berry in each cube of an ice tray.
2. Spoon in yogurt into each cube with enough room to place another berry on top.
3. Place lid on ice tray and gently tap filled tray against table to remove air bubbles.
4. Place in freezer.
So get yourself a few extra trays and get to freezing - there are so many, many possibilities. How about freezing herbs to make them last, or stock cubes for individual portions of flavoring? Did you know you can freeze wine and use it to cook with later? Genius!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!