3 amazing summer watermelon recipes
Summer is watermelon season! But what’s the best way to cut that big melon up? And once you do, what’s the best way to enjoy it?
- With a large chef’s knife, cut watermelon length in half on cutting board.
- Place one half on watermelon cut side down on cutting board and slice in rows about 1 ½” apart. This will leave you with the traditional half moon slices.
- Rotate the sliced watermelon on your cutting board so that it is easier for you to slice the watermelon in the opposite direction, making a grid pattern. The end result is cubed watermelon sticks!
- Sprinkle with sea salt and serve.
2. PEELED WATERMELON FOR COCKTAILS
1. Place a watermelon on a cutting board and with a chef’s knife slice the two end off.
2. Flip the watermelon onto one cut end and position your hand on the top cut end to keep the watermelon in place. Begin carefully slicing down the rind. Rotate watermelon after each slice until you have removed the rind completely.
3. Chop watermelon center into chunks. Place 3 cups into blender.
4. Juice one and half limes into blender with a handheld lime juicer. Blend with watermelon in blender.
5. Add rum and agave to taste and blend again.
6. Serve over ice and a garnish with a slice of lime.
Related on Yahoo Makers: Genius! Turn Your Watermelon into a Drink Dispenser
3. CUT AND SLICE WITH HONEY & LIME
Grill or stovetop
1. Place watermelon on cutting board, with a Chef’s knife, cut watermelon in half length-wise.
2. Cut each half in half length-wise to make wedges.
3. With a serrated knife, carefully slice the rind of each wedge off.
4. Slice the rind-less watermelon wedges into slices. You should wind up with triangles slices.
5. To make honey and lime simple syrup, juice ½ cup of fresh lime and combine with ½ cup of honey in a saucepan.
6. Place saucepan on grill or stovetop and bring to boil. Let boil for 2 minutes.
7. Remove from heat and chill.
8. Place watermelon on serving platter and drizzle with honey and lime syrup. Garnish with mint.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!