- White burlap
- Bath towel (for measuring)
- 1/8 " ribbon
- Large beads (with large opening)
- Measuring tape
- Snap fastener
- 6" book or piece of cardboard
Roll your towel as you would like it to be displayed and measure the circumference. Add 4 inches to the circumference of the towel roll…that is the length of your wrap. The wrap should be 8 inches wide.
Cut your burlap to this size.
Fray the edges about ¼ inch on all sides.
Fold one end of the burlap to a point and iron to keep flat.
With your chalk, mark where you'd like the snap to be on both ends of the wrap. Remember to make it snug.
Apply snap by following directions on your snap fastener.
FOR THE TASSEL
- For the tassel, wrap your ribbon around a book or piece of cardboard about 40 times. (The width of your book or cardboard will be the length of the tassel)
- Slide a 10-inch piece of the same ribbon under the tassel and tie it tightly at the top.
- Then tie a knot with the loose ends to form a loop.
- Slide ribbon off the book and cut the ribbon at the other end.
- Trim ends to make the tassel even.
- Slide the bead on the top of the tassel for its "head".
- Snap the loop of the tassel in your towel wrap.