http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Pepper_Bread_Salad2_600main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-09-20 19:57:312016-12-16 05:50:22Pepper Salad
- For the Vinaigrette: 1 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- For the Salad: 1 baguette, cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 green bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place baguette cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for about 20 minutes, until golden brown and crunchy.
- In a bowl, toss the peppers, onion, and toasted bread cubes.
- In a large serving bowl, make the vinaigrette, mixing the balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper. Whisk in the olive oil in a slow, steady stream until all is combined.
- Pour half of the vinaigrette over the salad and toss. Let sit 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Serve remaining vinaigrette on the side so guests can add more if they like.