http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png 0 0 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-06-17 08:00:562012-06-17 08:00:56Dad Will Drool Over Beer-Simmered Grilled Brats
Dad Will Drool Over Beer-Simmered Grilled Brats
If we had to ask Dad to choose between beer and brats, his head might explode. Seriously. So why make him choose when he can have both in one delicious package?
Beer brats are great for tailgates and for big backyard parties, and we think they are PERFECT for Father’s Day. This Sunday, let Dad sit back and relax while you man the grill. We love this recipe because it can be sweet, salty, crunchy, juicy, and savory all at once. Not to mention it combines one of our favorite backyard BBQ eats with Dad’s favorite beverage!
What You’ll Need…
- One six-pack of your favorite pilsner or ale-style beer
- 2 large onions, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 12 uncooked bratwursts
- 12 hoagie rolls or large hot dog buns
- In a large saucepan, combine beer, onions, and brats, and bring to a simmer, uncovered. Let simmer until brats are just cooked through, 20-30 minutes. You can simmer the brats ahead of time and store in the fridge in the beer mixture until ready to grill.
- Prepare grill for medium heat.
- Remove brats from beer mixture. Continue to simmer onions until they are cooked through. Remove onions and discard liquid.
- Grill brats until nicely browned on all sides.
- Serve brats immediately on buns with beer-simmered onions and condiments such as ketchup, mustard, pickle relish, and sauerkraut.