Spring Fling: Makeover Your Mudroom
If you will, head back to the mudroom with us! We’ve got another project that will only help with the mudroom madness and it’s really cute. Plus, we’ve added in a special bonus at the end that will delight our senses.
Here is a fun project that can be done in so many ways, but here is the one we chose.
It is the mudroom sign with hooks and a key rack!
So, let’s yet again kick that mudroom into shape!
GRAB-AND-GO MUDROOM SIGN
What You’ll Need…
- 3×2-ft piece of wood
- Black acrylic paint
- Sponge brush
- Alphabet stencils
- 2 Vinyl-coated screw in coat hooks
- Wooden toy alphabet blocks
- 3-1.5-inch screw-in hooks
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
1. Align stencils to spell out the phrase of your choice. Here: “Mud Room: Dirt Stops Here.” Tape stencils down and use sponge brush to apply black paint. Allow room at bottom of sign for your key rack and coat hooks.
2. Find the “K,” “E,” and “Y,” wooden blocks. Paint black and let dry.
3. Screw in 1.5-inch hooks to bottom of blocks. Hot glue to the bottom right corner of your sign, spelling out the word “KEY.”
4. Screw in vinyl-coated hooks on bottom left side of sign.
5. Hang in mudroom near door for grab-and-go access to all your essentials!
If you’d rather not hang a sign try stenciling right onto a wall above a doorway. Or, print out “Mud Room: Dirt Stops Here” frame and hang on a wall. Then, place adhesive or screw-in hooks by the door for easy grab-and-go keys.
Now let’s make sure the room stays smelling fresh. Try this is simple, but fragrant potpourri recipe we chose for Spring:
What you’ll need…
- 1 oz each of lemon verbena, lemon balm and lemon thyme
- 1/2 oz marjoram
- 1/4 oz crumbled bay leaf
- 1 tbsp crushed lemon peel
- 6 tbsp crushed orange peel
- 2 tbsp orris root powder
- 2 drops orange blossom oil
- 2 drops lemon oil
Mix all dry ingredients together in glass or metal container. Add both oils and mix well. Makes approximately one cup. A refreshing scent for your kitchen or laundry room.
This bowl from Katie Brown Simply at Meijer makes for a great potpourri dish!
We are halfway through April and rooms throughout the house are getting a little more organized and now smelling citrusy fresh!
This looks like such a cute idea! I’m especially loving the good smellin’ stuffs at the end. Mmm…potpourri!
I have that pedestal bowl and love it–filled with pot pourri in my living room.