https://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/2009-november-wild-rice_600Main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-20 14:32:102016-12-20 19:42:57Wild Rice Stuffing
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil and stir in salt and rice. Bring to a simmer and cook for 35 minutes or until water is absorbed. Rice will still be a bit underdone at this point but that is okay.
- Transfer rice to a large mixing bowl.
- Meanwhile, place cubed pumpernickel on a large sheet tray and toast in the oven until dry or for 8 minutes, and add to rice.
- Chop all vegetables in a food processor to a small dice, pulsing, to keep everything evenly cut.
- In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil. Once oil is hot, add chorizo and brown well. Add chopped vegetables, garlic and herbs, reduce the heat to medium, and slowly cook, stirring often, until onions are soft.
7. Add to rice and bread, and mix well.
- In a small sauce pot, bring chicken stock to a boil. Oil or spray a 13 ½" x 9" pan and spread the stuffing evenly in the pan. Pour chicken stock over and place in the oven for 40 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed.