https://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/505_Cook_Turkey_Enchiladas_600MAIN.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-19 18:09:522017-01-25 22:07:19Turkey Enchiladas
- 1 24-ounce container diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 4 garlic cloves
- 11/2 cups cilantro
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobe sauce, seeds removed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 6 tortillas
- 4 cups cheddar cheese
- 4 cups shredded turkey
- 1 onion, diced
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- In medium saucepan, simmer the tomatoes, chicken stock, and garlic cloves until slightly thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the tomato mixture to a blender and puree, then add 1 cup of cilantro, chipotle, and lime juice. Transfer 1 cup of enchilada sauce to a large bowl and set the rest aside.
- Between damp papers towels, microwave the tortillas for about 30 seconds, until warmed.
- Dip each tortilla in the bowl with the enchilada sauce.
- Divide the turkey and onions among the tortillas and fill one tortilla with turkey and onions, ¼ cup cheddar cheese, and a tablespoon of the reserved enchilada sauce. Then roll up and place in a baking dish large enough to hold all 6 enchiladas in a single layer. Repeat with each of the remaining tortillas.
- Top the enchiladas with the remaining sauce and then the remaining cheese. Bake 20 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and enchiladas are heated through.
- Garnish with the remaining ½ cup of cilantro and serve.