https://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Turkey_Bacon_Eggs_600Main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-19 18:05:262016-12-20 19:51:57Turkey Bacon Wrapped Frittata
- 12 slices of turkey bacon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 small bag baby arugula (or spinach)
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup grated gruyere
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Prepare ramekins by brushing the inside with olive oil or spraying with non-stick spray. Wrap two pieces of bacon around the inside of each ramekin closing all gaps around the sides. Cut the remaining pieces of bacon in half, leaving you with two shorter pieces of each piece of bacon. Place two of these pieces in the bottom of each ramekin, covering all gaps.
- Heat a large sauté pan on high, add olive oil or butter, add shallots and reduce heat to medium. Gently cook shallots until translucent for about 4 minutes. Add arugula to the pan and cook until wilted. Remove arugula from pan and allow to cool. Squeeze out any excess water with your hands.
- Combine eggs, gruyere and arugula, season with salt and pepper. Remember that the cheese will add some salt on its own. Fill each ramekin ¾ full and bake for 20 minutes or until eggs are set and tops are golden and puffed.
- Remove eggs from ramekins while hot, using two towels, to prevent burning yourself.
- Serve immediately as eggs will lose volume as they sit.