https://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Speedster-Chili_600MAIN.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-19 17:36:432016-12-20 19:52:31Speedster Chili
- 1 15-ounce can black beans
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo, plus 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 28-ounce can chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- In a food processor, puree the beans with the chipotle pepper and set aside.
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat and add the olive oil and heat until shimmering. Add the onions and sauté until translucent.
- Add the ground beef, cumin, cayenne, and teaspoon of adobe sauce and cook until beef is browned. Season with salt.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 5 minute, then add the bean puree, season with salt and cook for 15 minutes. Stir in 2/3 cup of cilantro transfer to four bowls.
- Divide the cheese among the bowls, top with a tablespoon of sour cream, garnish with remaining cilantro.