https://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/410-cook-shellfish_600main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-19 16:58:512016-12-20 19:53:49Roasted Shellfish
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 15 mussels, cleaned
- 15 clams, cleaned
- 3 small crabs, quartered
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet over high heat and add the spices, toasting them until their aroma is released, about 3 minutes.
- Add the oil to wet the spices, then add the shellfish and coat with the spiced oil.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast until cooked through, about 15 minutes. The mussels should cook in about 3 minutes, and should be removed after they open.
- Return the skillet to the stovetop and remove the cooked shellfish to a serving platter, discard any mussels and clams that didn’t open.
- Over medium high heat, add the onions and tomatoes and sauté for 5 minutes in the same pan you cooked your shellfish.
- Add the wine and scrape up any brown bits in the pan. Simmer the wine until it reduces by almost half, then swirl in the butter. Season with salt and pepper and pour over the cooked shellfish. Top with scallions.