https://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Peanut_Brittle_Jar-copy_600main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-09-20 17:46:172016-12-16 05:55:00Peanut Brittle
- Oil or non-stick cooking spray
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 ½ cups light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 cups dry roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1 ¼ teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoon baking soda
- Grease 1 large baking sheet with oil or non-stick spray.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, and water. Place on high heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Use a candy thermometer to check the temperature of the sugar.
- When the thermometer registers at 250 degrees, the softball stage, add peanuts and salt. Continue to cook and stir often.
- When the thermometer reads 290 degrees, remove pan from heat.
- Add butter and baking soda to the hot sugar and stir to combine. Pour hot mixture onto prepared baking sheets and, using a spatula, spread evenly to desired thickness.