https://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/308-Family-Patriotic-Layer-Dessert_600MAIN-copy.jpg 397 397 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-20 19:19:532016-11-05 02:24:54Patriotic Layer Cake
- 1 quart strawberries, divided
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 packages (4-serving size each) jell-o brand strawberry flavor gelatin
- Ice cubes
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 10.75 ounce package pound cake, cut into 10 slices
- 1 1/3 cups blueberries, divided
- 2 8-ounce packages philadelphia crean cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 8-ounce tub cool whip whipped topping, thawed
- Slice 1 cup of the strawberries and set aside. Halve the remaining 3 cups strawberries and set aside.
- Stir boiling water into dry gelatin mixes in large bowl for at least two minutes, until completely dissolved. Add enough ice to cold water to measure 2 cups. Add to gelatin mixture and stir until ice is completely melted. Refrigerate for five minutes or until gelatin is slightly thickened.
- Add sliced strawberries and 1 cup of the blueberries to thickened gelatin and stir gently.
- Meanwhile, line bottom of 13x9-inch dish with cake slices. Spoon over cake slices and refrigerate 4 hours or until set.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with wire whisk or electric mixer until well blended; gently stir in whipped topping. Spread over gelatin. Arrange strawberry halves on cream cheese mixture to resemble the stripes of a flag. Arrange remaining 1/3 cup blueberries on cream cheese mixture for the stars. Store any leftover dessert in refrigerator.