https://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Parmesan_Cayenne_Scones_600main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-09-20 16:46:402016-12-16 05:57:51Parmesan Cayenne Scones
MAKES 16 SCONES
- 6 cups flour
- ½ cup cold butter, cut into squares
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cups milk
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine flour, butter, baking powder, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and parmesan cheese and pulse so that it is the consistency of fine sand.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, buttermilk, and eggs. Slowly add this wet mixture to the dry mixture that is in the food processor.
- Flour a clean work surface and using your hands, bring the dough together. If dough is too sticky, sprinkle on more flour.
- Divide dough into your favorite small molds.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until lightly golden. Serve warm.