https://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/401-cook-pasta-salad_600main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-23 18:01:052016-06-30 16:55:19Orzo Salad
- 16 string beans
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fennel
- 1/2 cup chopped seedless cucumber
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
FOR THE DRESSING
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dill,
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cook string beans in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until slightly tender, about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the beans to a bowl of ice water, this is to stop them from cooking. Once they are cool, remove, and drain.
- Cut the beans into bit sized pieces, about ½’’.
- Add the orzo to the water the string beans were cooked in and cook according to directions on box, about 9 minutes. When cooked, strain and set aside to cool.
- Mix together the orzo, feta, string beans, fennel, cucumber and dill. Season to taste.
- Combine the lemon juice, vinegar, and dill. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Then mix in with the pasta salad.