https://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Choc_Mousse_3_Ways_600main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-09-20 17:36:472016-12-16 05:55:55Mousse 3-Ways
- Basic Chocolate Mousse: One 8-ounce package of semisweet Bakers chocolate
- 2 containers cool whip
- Toasted coconut (recommendation)
- Malted Chocolate Mousse: 1/3 of basic chocolate mousse
- 1/3 cup malted milk powder
- ½ cup whoppers crushed
- Chocolate Amaretto Mousse with Toasted Almonds: 1/3 of basic chocolate mousse
- 3 tablespoons amaretto liquor
- ½ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Place chocolate in a large microwaveable mixing bowl. Melt in microwave for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir chocolate until smooth.
- Once chocolate cools, add one cup of Cool Whip to the chocolate, stirring quickly. Continue folding in the rest of the Cool Whip in two batches, until there are no visible streaks.
- Divide mousse into thirds.
- Place one-third of the mousse in a medium sized Ziploc bag, and refrigerate. Place the other two thirds into medium sized mixing bowls. Reserve bowls for the next preparations. Cut one tip of plastic bag, and pipe mousse from bag onto spoons and serve plain or top with your favorite topping.
- For Malted Chocolate Mousse: Fold malted milk powder into one of the reserved mousse bowls from above recipe. Place mixture into a medium sized Ziploc bag. Pipe the mousse onto spoons and top with crushed Whoppers.
- For Chocolate Amaretto Mousse: Fold Amaretto into one of the reserved mousse bowls from above recipe. Place mixture into a medium sized Ziploc bag. Pipe mixture onto spoons, about one tablespoon each, and top with toasted almond slivers.