https://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/506_Cook_Italian_Chicken_600MAIN.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-19 15:13:342016-12-20 19:56:33Katie's Italian Chicken
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 pounds chicken, drums and thighs
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 red skinned potatoes, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup smashed green olives
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/2 cup sliced roasted red peppers
- 1 lemon, sliced thin and halved
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Season the chicken with salt.
- On high heat, heat the oil in a large sauté pan and add the chicken, skin side down, to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the onions and potatoes, moving the chicken around to allow them direct heat. Season very lightly with salt and pepper and cook, turning the vegetables regularly for even browning, 5-10 minutes.
- Add the garlic, olives, capers, red peppers, and lemon and ½ cup of chicken stock. Cook for one hour or until chicken and potatoes are cooked through, turning vegetables, and adding ½ cup of chicken stock every 20 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken and vegetables to a serving platter, using tongs or a slotted spoon, leaving the cooking liquid in the pan.
- Stir the cream into the remaining cooking liquid and reduce slightly for the sauce.
- Pour over the chicken and garnish with parsley.