https://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/408-cook-grilled-cheese_600main.jpg 400 600 kbw71 http://katiebrown.com/katiebrown/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/KB-Logo.png kbw712012-07-19 14:46:492016-12-20 19:58:02Grilled Cheese
- Lay 4 slices of bread on flat surface. Place equal amounts of each cheese on each slice.
- Cover each with 4 remaining slices.
- With a pastry brush, generously brush the top with melted butter.
- Place, butter side down, in a hot skillet over medium heat, until golden brown. Brush the other side with melted butter and turn onto skillet, cooking until golden brown.
- Remove from pan and place on cookie sheet.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- When ready to serve, place in oven for 10 minutes. While cooking, prepare balsamic reduction (see below). Remove from oven and cut into four rectangles or triangles. Place on serving platter and drizzle with balsamic syrup.
- Place pear puree in a small ramekin on the platter for dipping. Garnish with fresh herbs.
FOR THE REDUCTION
- Place balsamic vinegar in sauce pan over medium heat. Reduce to 2 tablespoons. Whip in cold butter and remove from heat.
- Place pears and brandy in non-reactive saucepan. Cook at medium heat until pears are soft.
- Puree pears in blender or food processor.